THINGS TO DO IN WESTCHESTER
Recharge and refresh at Doral Arrowwood before setting out on a Westchester adventure. This scenic enclave in Westchester County offers some of the best things to do in upstate New York. In addition to Doral’s many resort amenities, the local area is home to endless engaging attractions.
Stroll or jog through the beautiful grounds of SUNY College at Purchase or take in a show at the campus Performing Arts Center. Shop the upscale boutiques of Greenwich Avenue or ride the old school wooden roller coaster at Playland Amusement Park, where you’ll find more than 50 rides and attractions for children and adults.
The many things to do in Westchester, NY, are unique to the local area. From historic estates to charming amusement parks, these attractions carry with them the spirit of the Hudson Valley. Immerse yourself in the local area by visiting popular stops like the PepsiCo Sculpture Garden or Kykuit, The Rockefeller Estate.
The adventure doesn’t end with museums and landmarks. The Hudson Valley is also home to one-of-a-kind outdoor attractions like Bear Mountain State Park, situated along the Hudson River. Take in the rugged scenery while hiking, biking, fishing, cross-country skiing, and more.
Westchester’s activities extend well beyond the outdoors. Doral is situated near some of the best shopping in Westchester County. Head to the Greenwich Avenue Shops & Boutiques for goods you won’t find anywhere else. Other things to do in Westchester with kids? Explore the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium or the Sportime USA Indoor Amusement Park.
To learn more about fun, exciting attractions, ask our on-site concierge for tips and recommendations.
LOCAL WESTCHESTER COUNTY ATTRACTIONS
- PepsiCo Sculpture Garden
- Performing Arts Center at Purchase College
- Rye Playland Amusement Park and Ice Casino
- Kykuit (The Rockefeller Estate)
- Lyndhurst (historic castle)
- Caramoor Center for Music & The Arts
- Van Cortlandt Manor
- Union Church of Pocantico Hills
- Montgomery Place
- The Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow
- Ossining Historical Society Museum
- Sunnyside (Washington Irving's Home)
- Hudson River Museum
- Philips Manor Hall State Historic Site
- Neuberger Museum of Art
- Hudson Riverboat Company
- Peekskill Museum
- Empire Casino & Yonkers Raceway
- Sportime USA Indoor Amusement Park
- West Point Military Academy
- Bear Mountain
- Norwalk Maritime Aquarium & Imax Movie Theater